|Killing flies in the garage|
What are our responsibilities you might ask? Well it varies with any given day. Today we completed the following:
- Dismantled and dried fridge controller. Put it back together and said a prayer.
- Dismantled main sheet winch and sealed leaking bolt that fried the fridge controller. Put it back together and said a prayer.
- Dismantled anchor windlass to find sheared part not listed in manual. Headed to "hardware" store back in Shearwater and said a prayer.
- Returned from store victorious with part needed for windlass motor. Put it back together and said a prayer.
- Emptied our lazarette (also known as our garage) and tightened our steering cables.
- Reorganized our lazarette and despite knowing the laws of entropy said a prayer.
|Praying the windlass motor doesn't land on my head in the guest room|
The prayer goes something like this:
Our father, boat god up there,
your kingdom come,
your will be done.
Thanks be to thee for giving us our small daily lesson of how to fix things we didn't know existed before now.
As always lead us not into tempting rock gardens and deliver us from evil seas.Amen!